The Daily Events of our life in middle America.

The ins and outs of life with a husband, two boys, one girl, a dog sometimes two and a rotating door for family members galore!

Sunday, February 7, 2010

Introducing myself part 1


Since the superbowl is on and I love football but just really don't care about who wins I decided I needed to write a post.
It has been a crazy few weeks. My oldest son, Colin just turned 7. 7! 7 I said. . .I just can't believe. I remember walking into the hospital about to have the little man and now he is standing there looking like a little man. I still just get blown away with the idea. As everyone else hears enjoy every minute because it goes by so fast. Most of the time it feels just like a crawl but then you look up and reflect. While you reflect you see your 7 year old and think wow where did it all go?
I remember when Colin's father/my husband of almost ten years and I brought our little Colin home. He was in his infant car carrier seat. . .we placed him on the window seat of our rental house and looked at each other. . .and thought at the same time two things. . .1.)now what? 2.) please don't wake up until grandma gets here to tell us what to do.
My Colin was a bad sleeper all his life. He still is. So the only way he would take naps is for me to lay down with him on my chest. We did that until he was about 3! So unlike most moms I was well rested just nothing got done. Then at 3 he just gave up on naps almost entirely unless he was at school. I just can't even hardly imagine those days. He would sweat so much. . .my little Colin. Now this is what he looks like.

No comments:

Post a Comment