The Daily Events of our life in middle America.

The ins and outs of life with a husband, two boys, one girl, a dog sometimes two and a rotating door for family members galore!

Friday, January 1, 2010

Yum-o

Happy New Year Everyone!
Well I decided yesterday while shopping at our local store to buy blackeyed peas for New Years Day. . .for luck. . .because who couldn't use a little extra luck? Really?
After our 2009, we could use some luck. It was not the best year. . .not the worse. . .but far from the best. So here is to looking forward. So today. . .I delayed in making it only because everytime I attempt to make a bean based dish it is extremely bland!
So 5:30 everyone is asking what is for dinner so I caved and started to attempt dinner. I had a fall back just in case of french toast muffin from Pioneer Woman.com. They were great. But I actually had success with the beans and rice dish I made. It was fairly easy just used chicken broth to cook the rice. Cooked the beans in water drained. Cooked onions and garlic in garlic olive oil. Then added the beans back along with chicken broth. After that added seasoning. . .some celery salt, salt, lawson seasoning salt, pepper, a dash of red chili powder. Let it cook for 10 minutes. Yum!
So I call that a success. . .now the luck better come! right?
Well Happy New Years to all better run my little girl is making me a very nice present!

No comments:

Post a Comment