The Daily Events of our life in middle America.

The ins and outs of life with a husband, two boys, one girl, a dog sometimes two and a rotating door for family members galore!

Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Two Front Teeth


All I want for Christmas are my two front teeth.
So last night my husband and I were snuggling in for bed. . .actually I was
dozing off and my husband was watching on of the zillion bowl games. . .when
our almost 7 year old came in and wanted help with his front tooth.
His front tooth was very VERY loose. Now mind you this
child has lost four other teeth. . he knows the drill. Right? NO sir. My husband
has this thing he won't yank them. So we are gentle with him telling him how to get
it out and he can do it all by himself. After 15 minutes of trying to talk him into taking
care of it himself. My husband finally gives it a good yank. He got most of it out but this
stubborn corner right in the center is just holding on for life. Now my son looks like a
hillbilly with a crooked tooth. He is freaking out. . .I decide it probably hurts more in
there than just pulling it out and getting it over with. Flashback to my youth. . .I made
a promise to myself and my future children I would NEVER DO what I did to my poor little
6 year old last night. My parents would just hold me down for anything. . .to pull a tooth, to get a thorn out of my foot, to pop a zit. . . what ever. My mother would get a thrill out of it!
So back to last night. . .I decide to hold my VERY strong boy down while having my husband
yank. . .do you think we got the damn tooth?
NO! It is still there! So here we sit watching the movie UP and my son is still playing with his crooked tooth that is sitting in there by a thread! I am hoping we have a tooth fairy visit by tonight. Just another chapter to add to our parenting book!

No comments:

Post a Comment